English information about Kijktuinen Nunspeet
the floral heart of the Veluwe
On this page you can find English information about Kijktuinen Nunspeet like the visiting hours, entrance fees and a lot more.
About Kijktuinen Nunspeet
In the centre of the Netherlands, at the border of the Veluwe with the woodland and nature reserve are characteristic gardens created with a great deal of love for detail. The gardens cover nearly 4,5 hectares of which 2 hectares are landscaped by garden and landscape architect L.J. Goedegebuure.
The show and experimental gardens of the garden architect Goedegebuure can be found hidden away on the edge of the town of Nunspeet. From spring to autumn, visitors are welcomed by a rippling sea of blossoms in a range of colours, shapes and perfumes.
Visitors find an oasis of tranquillity and reflection in the different garden spaces, ranging from an old Dutch square with willows, hydrangeas and hostas to a shade garden, shrub garden, moor garden, grasses garden, herb garden, rock garden, rose courtyard and Alhambra. Benches and secluded spots in pergolas, rose arches, greened arbours and arbour walks invite visitors to linger and enjoy the atmosphere. Water is an omnipresent element. Green windows in the tall hedges open up views out into the surrounding countryside. This multifaceted garden is an experimental site for architecture, plants and design materials and continues to develop over the years.
Kijktuinen Nunspeet is part of the European Garden Heritage Network. On their website you can find more detailed information about our different gardens.
At the bottom of the page there is a very small insight in the Kijktuinen Nunspeet park with the gardens, the nursery, the bare footpath & the (corn)mazes.
What is there to see at the Kijktuinen Nunspeet park?
- Perennial borders in striking colour combination
- A classic rose garden in perfect symmetry
- A shaded garden with whimsical leaf contrasts
- Southern European square
- Pergolas, arbours, rose arches and a deciduous laburnum tree passage
- Rock gardens and stacked walls
- Water gardens in a variety of styles
- A modern fragrant herb garden
- A garden of waving grasses and bamboo
- A peat garden with many rare perennials of the woods
- A colourful tuber and bulb garden
- A biological vegetable garden
- An Old Dutch square with willows, hydrangeas and hostas
- Art of Zimbabwe
- Sale of about 1000 species of plants, especially perennials
- A corn maze for young and old (as from July)
- A barefoot path, experience the thrill of walking barefoot
Adults €7,50 p.p.*
Children 3 up to and including 10 years €3,00 p.p.
Children 11 up to and including 15 years €5,00 p.p.
Groups over 20 persons €6,50 p.p.*
Guided tours and arrangements by appointment
*October until April €2,00 p.p. ‘pre-season’ reduction for adults
How to get to us?
In Nunspeet follow the route to industrial area Feithenhof.
The railway station is about 20 minutes walking.
The nearest bus stop is about 5 minutes walking.
Contact and address
8071 ZK Nunspeet – NL
Phone: +31 341 254232